summing it up

I did not watch the debate last night. 

I couldn't. 

Rico watched, so I peeked in for a minute - but a minute was all. There was simply too much interrupting and too many self-satisfied smiles and too much talk about two people who should really be talking about the rest of the world.

I used to run campaigns. I used to work at state conventions. I got paid to make phone calls for candidates. I went into college as a political science major with two internships already under my belt. It's what I LOVED. I loved the process, loved hearing about new ideas, loved debating, loved making a difference, loved helping people share their ideologies with each other.

But now?

Barf.

I think it's best for all of us if I just stay in the basement with my ballet shoes. Because now - I just feel like this all of the time:




Comments