hey

Hey blog, it's been a while.

It's easy to write about what I know. It's hard to write about what I don't. Maybe that's why it's been so long for me.

I've been sick, apparently a vitamin deficiency, but I've been swallowing magnesium pills the size of Twinkies and enough vitamin D that I could just as well be drinking jugs of whole milk every day - without much change. But I can just suck it up and get on with my day.

But, one of our kids is struggling mightily with some mental health concerns. And as much as I am all about breaking the stigma, and making that stuff easier to talk about - I am also acutely aware that it is not my story to tell.

Though I likely wouldn't hesitate to tell you that Punk broke his leg, Tiny had strep throat, Rico's scans were clean, or Kooka had chicken pox - this feels different.

It's different because there is no easy answer. It's is different because right now there is not even a difficult answer.

We just know this - if our kid was crying out in physical pain for hours each night, we would go to the ER and get it checked out. There is no ER for this - just lots of waiting lists. And I am not a good waiter. So we just keep trying.


Comments

Treats said…
Sending lots of love and hope. I understand the road you're on. It's not an easy one. Hang in there. xo
j said…
Thanks Treats. Seriously - you're the best.
Lisa McDermott said…
I really should read your blog in order. And on time. You're in my belated prayers! (Do they work that way?)