later 2018

Annnnnd . . . .

we're back.

Happy new year! We spent the last days enjoying Tiny's Christmas gifts of a trip to Sea Life Aquarium at MOA and four hours at the roller rink.


Having spent close to every weekend of my elementary school childhood at the California rinks, or reenacting Xanadu in our garage - I'm thrilled to say, I'm still a pretty decent skater. However, that didn't stop me from taking an incredible tumble. At first I thought I was just getting old, but when Kooka hit the same sticky patch on the rink, my ego was restored. But hey, breaking a finger, pulling a tricep, and cutting up my elbow are negligible expenses for sharing a black-out- skate with Tiny or teaching Kooka the fine art of backwards drifting.

We spent our last day of 2018 with Rico's first outing since he's been home. (Not counting the time he went to the movies the day after his surgery against our better judgement). We managed to get him out to the car, into the car, out of the car, into the restaurant, out of it, into the car, out of the car and back into the house, with minimal issues. We shared Italian food, New Year's resolutions, and lots of laughs, before heading home where Kooka claimed the basement for her friends and Punk, Rico, Tiny and I toasted upstairs with Ryan Seacrest and copious episodes of the Twilight Zone.

At his last appointment Rico learned that he may need his brace "forever".
His response to that was "They don't know me."

This is true - but he's missing about 1/2 of his quadricep, so we'll take this slow.

Thank you guys for all of your support and love - especially after my last post - sometimes this just gets to be overwhelming.

P.S.  Friend who chose to remain anonymous, (but I'm pretty sure I know who you are) who left soap, bath bombs and a card game on my front step - you da' real MVP - thanks.

Comments

Lisa McDermott said…
Oh, for Pete's sakes. A broken finger and tricep? Come on! Good riddance 2018.
j said…
It's not as bad as it sounds. I felt it much more the subsequent days than I did at the time. It's all healing up.
Anonymous said…
You. Are. Amazing!
~Naomi