Mad



I’m not scared right now. Maybe I should be, but I’m not. I’m mad.

I’m mad that the governor said, “Yeah, this virus is getting bad, but hey let’s send everybody back to school for two more days to make sure the students get a chance to spread that $#!+ around to each other and the staff for another 48 hours. I’m sure it won’t quadruple or anything.”

I’m mad at parents who are letting their kids do things like hang out and go to the gym (WTF?!) and have sleepovers, leaving me to be the @$$hole parent that says no. I understand, you want your kids to be happy, I really get that. But how about teaching your kid that the world is bigger than they are. And to the parent who is setting up a group spring break trip that I’m not allowing my kid to go on, despite the fact that all of her friends are allowed, what the hell? No really, not rhetorical- What? The? Hell?

I’m mad at the dance competitions who aren’t cancelling. Any idea how much lipstick, eyeliner and water bottles are shared in those 48 hours? Not to mention physical contact? At $65 minimum, per dancer per song, and groups of over 40 in some cases, you can afford to make this up later. Do better.

I’m mad at people who are hoarding. Seriously, how much bleach do you need? Do you even know how to use it? Have you ever once bleached anything except a load of socks? You’ve bought enough to damn near mustard gas your entire home. Step back homey.

I’m mad at people who are still going out for non-essential reasons. Yeah people need food, and medicine, and to get to work, but that’s it. That’s IT!

I’m mad at people who say, “I can’t catch it anyway, so who cares?” Actually, you can get it, and even if, even IF you couldn’t, you absolutely can, and likely WILL give it to somebody else.

I mad because people are being selfish, and I always want to see the good in the world. I’m mad because I thought we were better than this. I’m still holding out hope.




Comments

Treats said…
I have been and continue to be right there with you!