Friday, October 7, 2011

grandmas

Yoda lost both of her grandmothers last night.  One 34 years ago, and the other has been gone just hours.

It would be easy to sit here and ruminate - to be upset for everything that she will never have, so instead, while Rico is in Florida (he made it just in time to say goodbye), Yoda and I will go celebrate Grandmas.  I will take her to the library and read her as many books as she wants, let her eat extra cookies, rock her a little longer at naptime, play peek-a-boo instead of folding the laundry. 

Today I will love her in all of the ways they want to - and never could.

2 comments:

Treats said...

I am thankful that Rico made it in time to say goodbye. It's got to be hard to be apart right now. I think your plan with Yoda sounds like an awesome way to honor her grandmas. Hang in there, my friends.

Melanie said...

:(