Hanging in There

Did I mention I have health related anxiety?

Yeah - so that makes this whole pandemic extra fun.

To be fair - I've tried to treat this, but it's basically embedded in me.

Mom gets cancer when I'm 4 - dies when I'm six.
Grandpa dies in my bedroom when I'm 8.
Grandma dies two years later - also of cancer.
Followed by Granddad.

Then we have a pretty good run.

Almost 30 years before sepsis takes my dad and cancer takes Gram.

At that point, I start therapy (again), begin daily meditation, own up to this anxiety bit - because life has to be easy from here on out right?

Wellllll except for that part where Rico gets cancer  - twice. And then the part in between where my most beloved friend dies from it.

So it's no surprise that every cough, every scratchy throat - every EVERYTHING here causes mild panic.

Have I also mentioned I'm an introvert?

So aside from the ever increasing threat of plague - I rather enjoy being confined to my neighborhood - even my house. Despite the constant worry - there has also been:

Art - So. Much. Art.  Tiny never stops painting, and Punk has been leading online cartooning classes. Kooka even pitched in on a 100 square hopscotch.







Family dinners. They are not all beautiful and several of them have involved the rusty outdoor fire pit, but we are together and that's great.




Netflix and Books. Tiny and I are bookworms, so we've been trading back and forth. Punk is all about retro sitcoms, so he introduced us to Community and Tiny to The Good Place. Kooka and I watch Little Fires Everywhere and Rico keeps watching CNN which gives me chest pains.



We don't shop much and when we do it's a four hour process involving wiping down every single thing that comes into the house. Kooka and I are in charge of that, because Rico shops like a third grader and touches everything five times before he decides to buy it. I love him - but it's true. In his defense we do have enough toilet paper thanks to his pre-pandemic Costco run.



Hope you guys are hanging in there too.



Comments