6 days

 I


t's been six days.

Six days since I've heard his voice. Six days since I've held him. Six days since our kids kissed him goodbye.  It's been six days, but it feels like it's been five minutes. It feels like the rest of the world has moved and we are just stuck in one single moment - the moment that he left.

People ask how we are doing - we are all doing horribly. Everything hurts all of the time. Nobody really wants to eat or think or move. We do - but we don't want to.

There is a Rico shaped hole in the world and we just keep falling through it. Nothing we do makes sense. 

Thank you to everyone who has reached out to us. Thank you to those of you who continue to show up for me, for our kids - we are lost without him.


Comments

Cheryl said…
💔🤟🏼💗 sending love to you all as you make your way through this new (crappy) landscape.
Treats said…
Your loss is si tremendously huge. I hope you feel Rico’s presence. I’ll check in with you today. xoxo