all i want for Christmas




We started our Christmas season the same way we always do: a trip to the mall for a picture with Santa, followed by a few hours of red-kettle bell ringing for the Salvation Army.

As soon as the Christmas season starts, the planning and questions do too:

"When will we get the tree?"
"What part will I have in the Sunday School program?"
"When can we make cheese balls?"
"What are you wishing for?"

This year, I was pretty clear with the big kids.

What I really want this year is for them to do something nice for somebody - anybody at all, write it down on a piece of paper, wrap it up, and put it underneath the tree. What I really want this year is to know that I am raising, thoughtful, well-intentioned people, who will help the world be a better place.

I think I am.
I hope I am.
But having the proof wrapped up in a little box, sure would be nice.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments