whew

The surgery went well. There are still all kind of complications and mobility issues to work around, but surgically, he tolerated everything really well.

For now, we are all exhausted. All of us.

We were so lucky to have Jason here for a few days to feed and drive and entertain everyone while Rico and I were at Mayo. He left today, and Rico's in good hands, so although there were a few tears shed,  I headed back home to take care of the girls. Which was exactly what I needed.

Kooka was home with a virus, so I saw her first, and took her in for a throat culture. Then I stopped at the elementary school to give Tiny a hug. We roamed the halls together for a while just holding hands and hugging until we both decided that she might was well just leave school with me, because we'd both be miserable unless she did - and we needed to have some fun.

We took Kooka to her rehearsal in St. Paul and did some Christmas shopping, and at 11:30, we finally got tucked in. Rico too. Hopefully they'll get his brace fitted tomorrow and let him try standing up.

Comments

Treats said…
Sending bunches of love and hugs. I wish I had a magic wand.