Recovery

6:10 pm.
It’s been ten hours since we kissed him goodbye. 
It’s seems like an awfully long time to have your skull open, but we know we are in the best possible place we can be, so we have to trust in God and science and Dr. Parney and Brock.
He’s now in recovery. They said he should be up to ICU soon, but we’re not sure what that means. Surgeons have a completely different definition of soon than I do. Kaia and I are dancers  - soon means three 8 counts, and that’s if I’m being generous. 

We’ve decorated his room with pictures and love notes from family and neighbors, and now we’re just waiting to love him for real.





Comments

Unknown said…
So glad to see this.
Lisa McDermott said…
I like the "waking up" parts! Keeping you in my prayers.
Treats said…
Can’t wait until he’s back with you. Praying for a comfortable, peaceful night. ❤️