what love sounds like

I am not sure what I did to deserve these guys.

But all of them have made our lives more beautiful.

Amber messages me this week and says, "I know this is random, but I have something for you, and I'd rather give it to you in person. Can I stop by on Thursday."

(It was indeed random, since her last Facebook post was from Denmark.)

So we make a date for Thursday morning, and then this happens:



They're all home from college - kids we know from shows, from choir, from forever. They are some of my favorite people in the world. When I asked if they were out caroling at 10 am they said, "No, just for you."

It was sort of impossible not to cry.
(But I waited until they left.)

They came bearing music (with choreography), cookies from Jack who couldn't make it and warm brownies.

Wait - not just brownies, a pan of brownies ON TOP OF BROWNIES!!!



Our kids were in school, Rico had just left for a coffee date, so it was a private concert. "Rudolph", "Jingle Bells", and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas". There were lots of hugs and laughs and Merry Christmases. I told them where to find Rico, and rumor has it hunted him down and serenaded the senior coffee party at McDonalds.

The world is a good place.
People like this make it even better.
Merry Christmas Amber and Erin and Samantha, and Emily and Steven, and Nathan, and Abby and Sandy - thanks for making this Christmas full of the good stuff.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So great! It was awesome running into you while we were out having coffee on Christmas Eve. What a treat to see you!